Things wot I have learned about public speaking, today...
In my defence I am very tired.... 3 1/2 hours sleep tired... in the second part of my defence I followed James Lyne (@jameslyne) and he is very very good. Worse than that he is an intelligent, engaging, humourous man with a cracking presentation that he delivered very well.
- Get to venue on time - check
- Collect a name badge, get wired up with microphone - check
- Follow interesting and engaging James Lyne - check
- Forget to turn on microphone - check
- Realise that the content 'light' version of the presentation you had created wasn't going to work here and glaze over at that moment - check