I'm busy but I have spare capacity...
At the back end of last year I posted a blog, will work for coffee, giving an overview of what I do for a living.
Since then I have been doing more of the same but with a noticeable increase in the volume of business coaching. As I said then depending on how I have worked with you will alter your view point on what you think I actually do for a living?
What has become clear is that it forms three clear strands although I do expand on this slightly on my website www.martindangerfield.com. In summary:-
- Executive Search consultant - Primarily I work as an executive recruiter in the EMEA IT, Outsourcing and technology market places. I take my recruitment seriously and am proud to contribute to REC as a regional director of the institute of recruitment professionals.
- People consultant - exploring how organisations assess, develop, train and recruit talent. Recent work has seen this extend into talent pooling/talent puddles and the review of sales functions helping organisations create game changing outcomes that will make significant positive impact as we grow out of recession.
- Business coach - I now have a portfolio of a dozen or so high growth entrepreneurial businesses that are being helped to succeed and grow by the creation of a business vision, strategies to deliver on that vision and the tools to make it real, tangible and achievable.
I am currently in the middle of some business planning and wanted to share what I am up to so that you can contribute, help or join in. I am expanding the mckinley|resource associates network to develop more vertical expertise within the IT market places, do get in touch if you want more information. Cooperation in recruitment is unusual but I have had good experiences so far and know it can be done.
What I really want to do is to expand my business coaching portfolio and at the same time add to my 'people consultant' client list. Initially to support the development of my business coaching offering I am going to run a number of 'taster' coaching sessions in March. Probably three with two in Manchester and one in London. Taster sessions will be just that - a coffee, a discussion about your business challenge and a business coach approach as to how you might move on from that challenge. So if you are interested, email me now, firstname.lastname@example.org and tell me how I can help. 'Tasters' will be about 30 to 45 minutes with venues to be confirmed nearer the time.
To support my 'people consultant' offering I am offering myself up for freelance work. This could be adhoc, part-time or for fixed period/project. I can help businesses in the following areas:-
- Post recession team review, using some innovative assessment and profiling tools. This offers genuine business value from day one.
- In-house recruitment on or off site.
- Recruitment/Talent/Acquisition strategies.
- Creation of in-house talent pooling solutions.
If you have a people related challenge but are unsure that I can help then get in touch anyway. If i'm not the right person I will be able to point you in the right direction.
To get in touch, call me in the office +44161.955.3647 or email me, email@example.com or you want to see my brochure search for 'People Consultant' or go directly to www.martindangerfield.com
about martin dangerfield 2010 is going to be another tough year, I believe we are out of the worst of it but it is by no means a done deal yet. If you want my help with your recruitment strategy, from inception to delivery, help in the creation of a 3 year business vision or practical on-site recruitment support then contact me, Martin Dangerfield on 0161.955.3647 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As well as being a Regional Director for the IRP, Martin is Director of the innovative search business mckinley|resource, a freelance people consultant specialising in talent attraction, assessment and recruitment and a provider of business coaching for high growth entrepreneurial organisations.
Search for ‘People Consultant’ or go straight to www.martindangerfield.com